One of our readers Akhilesh submitted a problem “In my system administrator account is disabled and I have a local user account,but I have no admin right.please give me some solution”
Such a problem can be solved on two ways, one is to Reset the administrator password and login using Administrator account. First way is already published here.
The other solution is to “Promote your user account to gain admin rights.” In this post we will cover this method, which provides administrator rights to the user by promoting the user account.
Lets see how to fix it.
For this we will use the method detailed in our post windows password reset. See the post at this link. Follow steps 1 to 7 from this post. After following step 1 to 7, follow the steps below:
8. Now it will show following choices
1. Clear the password
2. Edit password
3. Promote user
4. Unlock account
Type 3 and press enter.
9. Type the username of the user you want to promote and press enter.
10. After this it will show a menu as seen below. Type 3 and press enter.
11. After you press enter, it will show a warning. Type y and press enter to continue.
12. Now type ! and press enter to come to previous menu, here type q to quit and press enter.
13. It will now say, About to write files, at this type y and press enter.
14. It will ask to Run again. Now take the CD out of the tray and restart your computer.
Its Done! This user will have administrator rights next time you restart your windows PC.
Note: Your PC may not boot properly for one time after following this procedure, restart again if it shows some windows error.