Yes, it now possible to buy and download windows 8 from internet only and that too for a minimal price of Rs. 1999 INR. This is a limited time offer as this offer is valid from October 26, 2012 until January 31, 2013 and is limited to five upgrade licenses per customer. To install Windows 8 Pro, customers must be running Windows XP SP3, Windows Vista, or Windows 7.
Clicking “Download Pro” on the windows 8 download page actually installs and runs the Windows 8 Upgrade Assistant, which lets you know if your PC can upgrade to Windows 8 Pro, provides you with a compatibility report, and then walks you through the steps to purchase, download, and install. This is to make sure your PC can upgrade to Windows 8 Pro before purchase—you can run it without purchasing.
and then once you click next button inside the windows 8 upgrade, you will see the option to buy windows 8 – and you can by clicking the Order button.
Once you click the order button, you will see you can either pay Rs. 1999 INR and download the digital copy of windows 8 pro and with this you can also opt for Windows DVD and then click the checkout button.
Then you will need to enter the billing address and shipping address where the windows 8 pro dvd will be delivered to you if you opted for the same, but you can only pay right now with Paypal or Credit Card – there is no Net Banking option available yet to buy windows 8 in india right now.
Windows 8 Pro Upgrade At 1999 INR – Terms and Conditons
1. The promotional price is limited to one upgrade per PC and a maximum limit of five upgrade licenses per customer.
2. This promotion is available beginning on October 26, 2012 and runs until January 31, 2013, inclusive.
Note: To check which version of windows you are running, you can Press Window + R key to open run prompt and type winver and press Enter, once you do this you will see a message pop up like the one shown which tells about the version of windows 7.
Windows 8 Support With This Purchase?
When you buy an upgrade to Windows 8, it includes 90 days of no-charge support from Microsoft. The 90-day period begins after you install and activate Windows 8. (Telephone or other access charges may apply.)
Windows 8 Pro Buy and Download Page [ For Indian Residents ]
Bonus Related Windows 8 Upgrade Tip
Upgrade To Windows 8 To Windows 8 Pro For Rs. 3499 INR
If your PC is running Windows 8, you can get Windows 8 Pro Pack and enjoy all the features of Windows 8 Pro as well as Windows Media Center.
Please Note: For a limited time, get Windows 8 Pro Pack for INR 3,499 *
To purchase Windows 8 Pro Pack, you need to follow the instructions mentioned below.
- Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search.(If you’re using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, and then click Search.)
- Enter add features in the search box, and then tap or click Settings .
- Tap or click Add features to Windows 8 and then do one of the following:
- If you need to purchase a product key, tap or click I want to buy a product key online.You will be prompted through the steps to buy a product key from there and it will be entered for you.
- If you already have a windows 8 product key already, tap or click I already have a product key.
- Enter your product key and click Next.
- Read the license terms, select the check box to accept the license terms, and then click Add features.
If you were running Windows 8, your PC will restart automatically and Windows 8 Pro With Media Center will be on it. If you were running Windows 8 Pro, your PC will restart automatically and Windows Media Center will be available for use.