One of our readers Jaime reported a problem regarding the windows update, he says
“How do I delete already downloaded but not yet installed Windows update file?”
As stated in the statement above user has downloaded windows update files through windows update but because of some reason he does not want to install those windows update. But windows automatic update service keeps trying to install the update.
Let’s see how can we delete the downloaded windows update files
You can easily delete windows update files. For this you need to stop windows update services running in background.
Follow the procedure given below:
1. Open Start >> Run or press window key + r
2. Type “services.msc” (without quotes) and Click OK , this will open services window.
3. Right click on Automatic Updates Service and select Stop.
4. After the service is stopped, press window key + r
5. Type “%windir%\SoftwareDistribution” (without quotes) and press enter.
6. Open the Download folder and delete all contents of the Download folder.
7. Close the window, press Window Key + r ( or Open Start >> Run )
8. Type “services.msc” (without quotes) and Click OK
9. Right click on Automatic Updates Service and select Start.
10. That’s it Done
We hope the above procedure will help to fix the trouble, if it does not let us know through comments.