One of our reader asked us how to uninstall and remove internet explorer 6 from his computer, we had already received so many mails previously which relates to the same problem except the version of internet explorer.
All this happens when some times you don’t know how to properly remove the internet explorer from your computer as the procedure to remove them is different for different versions. Today we will discuss all the methods to remove different versions of internet explorer from Internet Explorer 4.0 to Internet Explorer 6.0
In order to remove Internet Explorer 4.0 refer the link given below
To Remove Internet Explorer 5.01 refer the link below
To Remove Internet Explorer 5.5 refer the link below
In order to remove Internet Explorer 6.0 you can follow the procedure given below, from add remove program components
1. Open Start Menu >> Control Panel >> Add and Remove Programs and select add remove program components
2. Now, uncheck the checkbox which says Internet Explorer to remove Internet Explorer 6 from your computer
3. Click Next to continue uninstalling internet explorer 6.0
Note: You can use the same procedure given above to reinstall internet explorer again.
If by any case you cannot remove internet explorer, by the method given above you can follow the alternate method given below to delete internet explorer 6.0
- Open C:\Program files\Internet Explorer folder.
- Right click the folder named Uninstall information,Click Properties
- Uncheck the hidden mode and press OK.
- Go to C:\Program files\Internet Explorer\Setup and Run setup.exe
To download full setup offline installer with which you can reinstall Internet Explorer 7 and Internet Explorer 8 refer the links given below
For Internet Explorer 7
To download and reinstall Internet Explorer 7 for Windows XP, visit the following Microsoft Download Center Web site:
For Internet Explorer 8
To download and reinstall Internet Explorer 8 for Windows XP, visit the following Microsoft Download Center Web site:
Tip: Just in case you if you want to reset the internet explorer settings follow the procedure given below
- Start Internet Explorer.
- On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
- On the Advanced tab, click Reset.
- In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, click Reset to confirm.