Have you ever tried to send an EXE file or RAR file using GMAIL or Yahoo mail ? If yes, then you must have seen error screen like one below :
<filename>.exe is an executable file. For security reasons, Gmail does not allow you to send this type of file.
Even if you zip the exe file or remove the file extension, or change the file extension to .jpg or some other format, Gmail will still identify the file contained in the zipped file or file with changed extension. This is because it reads the file headers etc to identify the file type.
This is a great feature of GMAIL which prevents the spread of viruses through emails. But in case you urgently need to send some genuine files for some reason, there is a trick to to that.
In this article I will share a trick to send an EXE or RAR file using Gmail or other email services.
Before I tell you the trick, I suggest you to be sure that you are not sending any copyrighted or illegal file to anyone.
To send an executable file though email, the most convenient way is to embed that file in a word document. To that follow the below steps :
1. Open Microsoft Word and create a new word document.
2. Go to Insert > Object From the tool-bar
3. This will open a Insert Object window,on this windows, select the tab “Insert From File
4. Click the browse button, locate the EXE or RAR or the CMD file which you want to send via email. Also Click the Display as icon check box on this window and press OK.
5. The embedded file will appear as an icon in the Word document as seen below. Click on
File > Save As option and save the file as a doc file.
6. Now you can simply attach this word file and send it via Gmail, see the snapshots below:
Hope you find this trick useful. The only catch is that you need to MS word to open these embedded files.