It is a very common trouble when many users encounter errors while they try to uninstall yahoo messenger on their computers, some of them see the installation log missing, some cannot see yahoo messenger entry in add remove program and some others errors while removing older version of yahoo messenger on your computer.
There can be different reasons for different people for which they want to uninstall yahoo messenger on their computers. Some common reasons are mentioned given below:
- You cannot log on to yahoo messenger installed.
- Messenger does not start because of damaged or corrupted installation files.
- You may want to upgrade to the latest version of Yahoo Messenger.
- You cannot send and receive messages.
- It is degrading system performance.
- you are using some other messenger for online chatting.
Here is how to fix all the issues faced and completely remove and delete yahoo messenger from your computer.
You can follow the the first manual method to remove yahoo messenger, you can skip this method if you have already tried.
- Log out of Yahoo Messenger and close yahoo messenger completely [ it should not be running under task manager as a process ].
- Open Start Menu >> Control Panel.
- Double-click on Add or Remove Programs.
- Locate Yahoo Messenger in Add or Remove Programs.
- Click Change/Remove button.
- Restart your computer, if it doesn’t restart it automatically.
- Open Yahoo folder in Program Files (C:\Program Files\Yahoo) and delete it.
- Open registry through Start Menu >> Run and type regedit now navigate to the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ Software\ registry entry, delete Yahoo, and exit the Registry.
If the above method does not work for you, try the following methods to solve the problem.
1. Open Program Files >> Yahoo Messenger and find the file UNWISE.exe file. Double click this to run it. This will un install yahoo messenger.
2. Download Revo Uninstaller and uninstall Yahoo messenger with revo un installer.
3. You can also try downloading the newer version and install it directly which might the solve the problem in your case.
4. At last, you can delete the Yahoo Messenger folder on your own. Follow the following path in xp i.e My Computer>>C: drive>>Program Files>>Yahoo>>Messenger.
I am sure at least one of the method must have worked in your case, let us know if you still face any issues after following all these methods and not able to install yahoo messenger.